Honorable Mention

2019, people. 2018 was a friggin tough year for me. A lot. LOT of things happened, and I just can't help but reminiscing about all the bitterness and sweets on the very first day of 2019. If I have to describe 2018 in a word then it would be... earthquake. Sudden. And destructive. But at the same time, I did reflect quite a lot, and it's an important year for me, for my whole life.
Well even though you've prepared for something that doesn't solely mean that you'll be prepared for how it feels, righty?

2018 was tough but thank God I survive and here is the list of living creatures who have been or were really helpful (Besides family. They're top honors) to get me through the year.



1. Atha, Febby, Novia.
This is my circle. From high school years ago until now. We didn't technically go out as a group back then but we've known each other pretty well. I honestly even forgot how and why did we become 'a circle' in the first place??! I was the only one who had to go out of town for college and truth to be told I was ready to be an outcast since I was far away from them. But I was kind of surprised that they still get along with me through those years back then until now. We don't miss each other's birthday, even if we're late but at least we celebrate. We talk about anything, anything and all the bad things we shared stay inside the circle. Since I went back to my house, we see each other quite more often than we did. I know I haven't been a really good friend of them but I thank God that I have them. Thank you, all of you, for being a company for me, particularly in the era of misery where all of us pondering about our struggle to have a proper career, to make the ends meet. Here's to the times we've spent discussing 'so-called' adult life, family, love, skeleton in the closet (?), past times, people (lol not actually so proud of it but it's INEVITABLE; gossiping when you're with your girlfriends, agree?!!!?)

2. Purina
Please give your warmest regards to Purina! She has been staying with my family for about more than 3 months. It was my dad who brought her for the first time, she was looking for something to eat and followed my dad around into the house. My sister and I; we're a sucker for cats. So long story short, we adopted her because she has no mom nor kins... and she's smol and cute and because she's a cat, duh! Abundant stuff have been happening since we adopted her; she got hit by a car, she went to a vet (my very first time taking a cat to a vet, thanks to Purina. She even did a Rontgen, for God's sake. Giving her medicine was a real struggle either), she's been nursing on herself (this is pretty worrying, she's about to turn 6 months this January and still doing that??), she pooped on my feet and inside the house and made my mom went ballistic, she's been making me doing poop patrol whenever I'm home, etc etc. Purina has been a really good company! She's so savage (a big fan of my hands. I think she's capable of tearing my fingers off of them) and feisty and cuddly and noisy, anything that Sulung not. I can even play hide and seek with her. She made me and my sister learn quite a lot about taking proper care of cats, especially kittens (never happened before, compared to Sulung, Purina is really high maintenance). We love her. Even my dad plays with her frequently (or pulling tricks on her, I might say). AND since we found out that Purina is a female, we need to activate extra protection mode because my neighborhood has more male cats than female, it's like 4:1. Until the time I write this, there is at least one male visiting her every single day.

3. Mirda
I know I've written a bit about her on my Uni Life post but seriously...what not to love about her??? Well, I don't mean to be boastful or a self-pronounced good gal but she wrote about me here and I've been reading it numerous times (go check out her blog she writes superb stuff, folks). All lovely things at least she thought about me, when I don't really think of me that way and I know I haven't been a decent person myself. As far as I can remember, no one ever did this to me (heh wut). True that you don't need a lot of people to think that you matter, sometimes it only takes a few people, that truly matter to you too. She made me realize that kind words and positivity are powerful. A few months ago, out of the blue, she even sent me a cutie dusty pink sweater and a scrapbook filled with our photos, the ones that I even forgot we took, and again, all the kind words that made me weep. Mirda, you have no idea about the amount of good influence you've put through me. You are undoubtedly a good human being, and I know you'll go places someday, as I've told you before. Thank you, forever.


And the list goes on...in my head. Nurul, she has been a bestie of mine since junior high school, who's currently treasuring her time with her newfound grace a.k.a boyfriend, finally!!, after well-spent years, (and why am I making intro like this anw, probably because I'm so happy for her) I'm grateful that I still have her even though we don't talk to each other quite often but we can always find our way exchanging cheap jokes and cat videos.
Well, this is so basic and mandatory, right?? Thanking everyone in the new year moment lol but I genuinely thank people that have been truly helpful, truly kind, and truly evil too, and truly, truly...anything. For everyone that happened to spend time with me, or even crossed path with me, each one of you stays in the fragments of my memory for God knows how long.

Comments

  1. I have been reading this one post of yours for many times (duh, I really like your writings!!!!) and finally I found out a free wifi to write a comment here ahahahha
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Thank you Maya for writing such a beautiful thoughts. Never did I know that words are powerful and impactful to a certain person and yes, I only write for those I cherish best in me, thus indeed you are one. Udah lama engga mewek karena abis baca tulisan dan hari ini akhirnya mewek lagi :') Thank you Maya, you know I can never thank you enough for these past (almost 5 years) of our lives<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts